Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma Campout

Last weekend my dad had wanted to go camping and wanted me and Marcus to come along, so we decided since Crispin was busy that weekend, we might as well go have fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I dont know if all kids are like Marcus but he LOVES his grandparents!!!!! He gets SOOOO excited when we tell him that they are coming over or if we are going to see them or if they are going to babysit him! He knows what we mean when we tell them and there is NOTHING that can bring that kid down when he knows he is going to spend time with them! So I knew he was in for a treat when my dad wanted to take the trailer out. This is at dinner time, we had hot dogs (one of Marcus's new favorite foods and baked beans)

Marcus actually slept good in the trailer that night! He was able to stay up past his bed time and he even got up early. I was NOT in the mood to get up with him at 5:00 am since he had gone to bed so late so I laid there threatening him to go back to sleep, after about 10 minutes my dad either got tired of listening to me get after him or he was just ready to get up, but my dad got up and got Marcus and took him for a walk to go watch the sunrise. after they left the trailer, I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldnt. so I snuck around I took pictures of them!
as you can see in this picture, Marcus took over in where they were going!!!
This is Marcus reading Harry Potter with Grandma,
and here is my classic little guy--- see how happy he is?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks for the pictures! So good to see pictures of your parents. Glad you could have a good time camping -- such fun for everyone!
Love, Aunt Janice

Angela said...

Most kids LOVE their grandparents, at least mine do. What a blessing to have such good grandparents! A neat experience for all. I remember going camping with my parents and just me and the kids. The girls still talk about it to this day and that was at least 3 years ago!

Bingham said...

Could be the pregnancy, could be the fact that I miss you guys so much or could be that I am so freaking jealous but reading this post made me cry. I wish Dean lived closer to his grandparents, I feel he is really missing out on that. But its our decision to live here and we absolutely love it here so tough nuggies for us.

Marcus is so cute, and reminds me so much of Dean, I just want to grab him and take a bite out of those chubby cheeks (in a good way, not scary cannibalistic way).

Heather said...

My kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my parents. They would chose them over me any day.