Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rice Cereal

Bryce had to wait longer to try Rice cereal becuase of his allergies. He was not given the OK to start it at 4 months, i started giving him a little bit when he was 5 1/2 months... He did ok with it. When Bryce had his 6 month check up, My Dr told me to start him on fruits and vegetables, but not to buy Carrots and other ground plants because chemicals have been found in them and are not safe... I had been contemplating buying a baby bullet for him, but was not sold quite yet... then later that week, gerber had a huge recall because glass had been found in some of the fruits... I made my mind up that I wanted to make Bryces food (he had been eating store bought food for about a week). My dad offered to buy me one for Christmas, and I have LOVED it!!! I really do think that other things are added into baby foods to make them taste better because Bryce would eat a whole jar in one sitting, once I started making his food- it was hard to get 5 spoon fulls in his mouth. after about 2 weeks of trying with him, I can get him to eat about half a jar as long as I add rice cereal to it. I am not a health but, but I really do get a sense of satisfaction with this. I really feel like I am giving Bryce the best stuff!!!


No comments: