I can remember each time I saw each of my grandparents alive. I remember it like it was yesterday. My grandpa Bingham had just had surgery, he was sitting in his recliner with a purple fleece blanket over him. My grandma summers had been battling cancer and was laying in her floral couch. My grandpa summers walked us out to our car and he stood by his garage and waved.
This last time I left my grandmas, I cried- for a good 40 minutes. She, too stood by her garage and waved. I made sure to tell her I loved her. I have this fear that that is the last time I will see her. Marcus still asks regularly when we get to see great grandma again and it makes so sad!
Her health is still good but she can't live on her own anymore. My cousin posted on Facebook that she is going one last time to her house this weekend. I HATE that I live so far from her!! She is the last grandparent I have and I hate that all this is happening!! I am just so sad that I will never see her in her house anymore!! As a child, both my grandparents houses were such a happy place and where I was my happiest. It's just so hard for me to grasp that her home is moving. :( I hope she does well and I'm very excited for all of my Jerome cousins to have her so close and I hope the cherish it and don't take for granted that opportunity that they have. I would LOVE to have that chance!!!
an old memory
5 years ago

2 comments:
I am so sad too. I won't be able to go to her house and stay with her for a week during the summer. I have done that for the last eight summers. I am glad that I can see her more often but I loved the farm house!
It makes me sad too. There is such a peace and sense of, "I'm home!" Whenever I visit grandma in her home. I have been thinking a lot about it and have found some peace; Im a very nostalgic person that attaches memories to objects to much, so its funny that I've come to this conclusion.But, It's Grandma that makes me feel at peace, to feel the spirit and to feel of her love. I am excited that I can see her more often, to hopefully play games together or to sit and visit. I always wished we lived close to her growing up. You can come stay with me if you'd like!! That would be fun! I love you Megan!
Post a Comment