Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dolly Steam Boat

For our 3rd anniversary, Crispin took me on the Dolly Steam Boat at Canyon Lake. I have lived here almost all my life and have never heard of it. After my experience I would HIGHLY recommend it to others. It is kind of pricey but for special occasions, it was worth it! Crispin was going to surprise me with it. but the place ended up cancelling our original reservations due to rain, and I was sitting next to Crispin when the place called.
When we were waiting for the boat to take off, all these old people had their binoculars and were looking at the big horn sheep next to the saguaro cactus. Can you see it??? I couldn't either!

They serve you dinner and we had steak and chicken. This was one of the best steaks I have ever had! As dinner was cooking the smoke would come onto the upper deck and it smelt SOO good!








The sunset, it was a gorgeous ride!


We had a guy on the boat- Dr Sky. He was going to talk to us about the stars. when I heard this I looked at Crispin and said "We have to pay to get lectured from this guy?!?!?" I was not looking forward to it. But before it got dark we met the guy and talked to him and he was very nice. they even had a raffle thing and gave away things that had to do with the sky. The 2 best things were these Star Trek figurines that have lights on them. I was hoping to get 1 of those so we could give it to Marcus and we got drawn for 1. But Crispin won't let me open it cause he thinks it will be worth something some day! I dont even like star trek so I dont care! lol!!!! After it got dark, Dr Sky starting his presentation. He has a show that airs on the radio and he is on tv shows alot! I guess he's pretty popular, I've never heard of him but he was entertaining once he started his presentation. He had this lazer that shot 50 miles into the sky- that was pretty entertaining, lol! It was a very fun and special night! I am very lucky to have such a great husband that goes the extra mile to do things for me and surprise me!





1 comment:

Lauren said...

That sounds so fun! I went once when I was a kid but it was during the day and there was no food. Happy Anniversary, I can't believe it's been 3 years!