Saturday, May 15, 2010

Attempt 1

Ok, so I said I was not going to blog about my experience with fertilty drugs and what I am feeling. But I stumbled across someones blog and found they were going through the same thing except she was pregnant but i was able to read eveything she went through. I guess this isn't that bad- will keep a record of what I am going through. I obviously did not get pregnant the first try. The Dr's seems to think my C-section has trigerred all of this. So here is a break down of what I did last month. I got a vaginal ultrasound day 5 of my cycle. He confirmed that i have a follicle that is ready to create an egg. I started on femara that night and took it for 5 days. Those were the best 5 days of my life! Those pills were magical! I was in a good mood the whole week, I was not tired like I always am and me and Crispin did not fight ONCE that week. That confirmed to me that something in my body was out of wack. I was sad to stop taking them. I just felt like a new happier person with energy! day 14 of my cycle I went in for another U/S. I had an egg that was ready to be released! I got a shot of HcG that day that forced me to ovulate. That day was NOT a good day! I was a BEAST!!!!! I think I jumped down everyones throats that I talked to. I ended up going to bed at like 6:30 cause I was so angry and in the worst mood. I am not looking forward to that shot again. Day 15- lots of doing it :) I was tired on Friday at work and just wanted to go home and sleep. I then waited for 3 days before my period to go get my blood drawn. I pass out all the time and I was sooooo nervous to go. The dr called the next day and confirmed that I ovulated. I then waited 1 more week and had still not started my period- so I went back for another blood draw only to start my period 5 hours later. So now the cycle starts all over. I had an U/S yesterday. The Dr isn't too optimistic that this will work. He said there is no reason I should not have gotten pregnant the first time. he put me on 2 fertility drugs this month, femara and clomid. I am thankful for the Dr's bluntness. I would not want him to fill my head with hopes to only have them shattered yet again when I am not preggo. If I dont get pregnant this month I will have to have Surgery to lazor everything out and clean me up. The sad part about this whole situation is I sit here and worry about work. I have always been the one to just take care of things myself, and the fact that i am missing work and am going to miss more, makes me feel like crap! I feel like I have let them down and that this is a huge inconvienance for them, and that I am jeapardizing my job (which I'm not) I think a lot that all of this would be so much easier if I didnt have to go to work! I thought this whole experience would be exciting and just fly by, but its not. I am on an emotional roller coaster ride and I try so very hard to keep thoughts to myself because lets face it- I am blunt and I can say some mean things- without the help of hormones. I am already sick of going to the dr and going to labs. I was a little relieved when the Dr told me he will not put me back on meds after this month. I can not imagine how people feel when they go through this for years! I think if I dont get pregnant after having a surgery--- I am done trying! at least for a little while because lets face it, ITS STRESSFULL!!!

3 comments:

bingham 5 said...

I feel so sad for you - I honestly can't imagine what you are going through. I hope you have better luck next time - and i am sure Crispin doesn't mind the 'lots of doing it'!

Shane and Kelci said...

DUDE. STOP worrying about work! Don't even worry about it! Just work on getting something in that uterus! Then you can work all you want!! Haha while feeling sicky :(

Alison Hixson said...

I think it is very brave of you to put yourself and your struggles out there. You never know when you will be just what someone else needs to get the courage to do something or to try something. Lots of people struggle with infertility, and I think some people feel like they are all alone in the struggle. You are amazing! Good luck with things! We'll send some baby vibes your way! ;)