Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gold Field Ghost Town

Yesterday we went to the Gold Field Ghost town. I was always curious of what is there cause I always pass it when we would go to the lake or to The Miners Camp restaurant. SO my father in law wanted to go there with Marcus. It turned out to be a lot of fun! We bought a pass to do all of the attractions, and it took us about an hour and a half. The first thing we did was the Train ride. Marcus LOVED it!!!




Crispin made sure he was comfy for the ride!!! His poor dad just puts up with so much from Crispin, lol!!!!


Marcus and Papa!! He is such a goober!!!


We went into an actual mine- Never again will I do that, You walk down a ton of stairs and then you get into an elevator.... They try to make it scary and the elevator is making a lot of noises, and I felt like I couldnt breathe! Then we get into the mine, and it is just dead silent! I got sweatty a couple times, and it didnt help that Marcus was touching everything and So I am thinking- he's gonna touch the wrong thing and the walls are going to fall in on us! I've seen too many scary movies!!!!!


This pic was taken after we went into the mystery shack. that was by far the best thing!!! It plays with your mind, and it almost makes you feel like you are drunk! Once you are in the "shack" you are dizzier than all get out!!! even when I was standing still, I felt like the room was spinning around me. It was really hard to walk in there! I was holding Marcus, cause he couldnt walk... and 2 steps in, I told Crispin to get him, cause I was about ready to fall!!! It was the craziest thing I have felt!!!! If you get motion sickness easily, I would not reccomend this!!! Every one in my group was laughing and freaking out cause of how crazy it is!!! I can not even explain it!


Here is Marcus in the reptile and lizzard/snake place. I left there feeling SOOOO grossed out!!! me and reptiles and bugs do NOT go hand in hand!!!! Marcus is looking at the scorpions here- I have never seen one in real life. I always hear of people finding them in their houses down here, and let me tell you, If I found one of those in my house, oh gosh!!! I dont even know what I would do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe burn my house down :)


I had a lot of fun here!! I think we might make it a tradition and go this time every yr! I thought a lot about my grandma and grandpa summers the whole time I was there!!! They LOVED doing stuff like this! I love doing things like this that bring back all the memories I have with them!!

No comments: