Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pre-school, year 2

Marcus started his second year of preschool. Last April I took Marcus to the school to get his speech tested. If you are not around Marcus a lot- you will struggle to understand what he says. So they tested his speech- they said that the sounds he can't make- usually don't develop till his is 7 or 8. I was a little frustrated because I can understand kids that are way younger than him!! I asked them what my options were cause I didn't want to pay for a speech therapist (my pediatrician also aggreed that he needed some help) they then said that they had an opening in their preschool for a peer student, and that a speech therapist comes into the classroom twice a week and does exercises with them. I went to the front and found out that because he would be a peer- I only had to pay a fourth of the tuition!!!!!! I was so happy!!! Not to mention that he would be in school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for 2 hours and 45 minutes. We are on week 2 and I am loving this schedule!!! I drop Marcus off, come home and lay down Bryce and I work. Such a great schedule we are in!! Marcus wakes up and asks if we can leave for school yet, I always tell him that it's not time. So then I get to listen to him BEG me for 2 hours to just drive to the school and we can just sit in the truck and wait...... Ummm, ya that's not happening!!! I'm so glad that he is loving preschool!!!!! Here is Marcus on the first day- the first day- Bryce wanted to ride the tricycle... Did I mention the playground is packed with TONS of fun toys for them!!!

No comments: