So anyone who knows me, know that I have a garden. I have enjoyed taking care of it and watering it everyday!! It all started when my dad called me up and said i'm on my way up to your house to help you with your garden, I was thinking GREAT!!! It was hot outside and I really didn't feel like tilling the ground!!!! Apparently we've got pure clay that is a beast to soften up, I would know cause I watched Crispin and his dad dig the trenches for our sprinkler system!! SO my dad shows up and all we had was 1 pick!! So of course I wanted to do the work and just have my dad supervise me, well it took me like 4 swings before my dad couldn't watch anymore and told me to just pound out the big lumps with a shovel!!! LOL! I'm not very handy when it comes to outside stuff!!! so anyways we went to a nursery by my house and bought Broccoli, Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Raddishes, Onions and Strawberries. I have loved having my garden since we've planted it!! I truely get a sense of accomplishment when I look at the progress it has made and the food we'll enjoy from it.

This is the only picture I have from the begging (Marcus has been a GREAT help!!). This was taken about 3 weeks in.

This was just taken this last week, My Broccoli is taking over!!! We've already had 3 times at dinner, and Crispin LOVES the fresh Broccoli!! Our lettuce is booming and i've been trying to think of dinners that call for lettuce!!

This is me picking the broccoli!! I've had so much with this garden and I'm excited for Crispin to expand it ( he now wants to be able to plant more). We've had to put a fence up to keep the dog out, (and I think my father in law got tired of listening to me complain about it, so he put a fence up for me for my christmas present)!! I am very pleased for the outcome, I remember driving home from the nursery and my dad telling me that the ground needs time to get nutrients and soften up, so my garden probably wouldn't be succesful the first couple times. So I was a little discouraged cause I wanted it to grow and it has!!!!!
3 comments:
Yay! You are turning into a gardener! You definitely have the Bingham green thumb!! I love that you can have gardens in Arizona! Makes me excited to be there!!
So cool! I totally need your help starting a garden!
Wow, little sis! It looks so good. I hope to soon follow in your footsteps.
I didn't do so well with our first garden! A garden needs regular water and I didn't do so well with that BUT we are going to give it another try and hopefully reap something!!!
Love ya lots!
Post a Comment