So last night me and Crispin were talking. Its interesting on how different we view things in our life. Since I moved out of my parents house, I knew I wanted a life or order and cleanliness. I did struggle in my first aparment at keeping things clean but after a while, I found my self hounding my roommates to pick up after them selves. I look back at some of the things I did and all I can do is laugh. I honestly forbid a room mate from cooking fish in the apartment becuase I could not stand the smell it left for the 2 or 3 days that the apartment stunk. I also re-call having messy roommates and I would get so mad that I had to pick up after them that I would take all of their belongings and throw them right inside of their room so it made it hard for them to get into the bedroom. I look at my house and I feel like I am in over my head! I wish we bought a smaller house that I could thoroughly clean once a week! This house for me to clean top to bottom (to my satisfaction) would honestly probably take me 2 days straight! So I guess my question is how clean is too clean and how do I know when I am taking my "cleaning" too far! If i see a crumb on the carpet down stairs, all I can do is stare at it(and it will eventually end up with me getting the vacuum) and then I feel that my house is disgustingly filthy! The same goes if I have dishes in my sink! I honestly try to avoid looking at base boards! The funny thing is, my room is not the cleanest and it does not bother me that much! I guess I have no really cute furniture in there so I dont care what it looks like. So I was looking online about OCD because my hubby thinks I am over the top and when I think my house is disgusting- he thinks it looks fine. So anyways, I staumbled across a test and I took it, I think it was on WEBMD, but I cant remember. After taking the test, it told me to seek medical attention!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Crispin is right! I do have an obsession for my house to be clean! But I REFUSE to live in a messy house that stinks! I am just glad that I was able to recognize and have a wonderful website tell me that I need help! So what really inspired me to write my feelings down is, I have been watching the show Verminators today. I can honestly say I am GROSSED out! not only will my cleanliness be bumped up a knotch after watching this(sorry crispin), I am glad that I will NEVER let my house get to that point. One of the houses was INFESTED with roaches. They could not even pull out 1 thing in the kitchen and not have it be filled with dead roaches and the poop they leave. The saddest thing was they had young kids- 1 of which was still crawling- through all that filth! and then they showed the babies crib!! And I almost cried! When the guy moved the blanket, hundreds just scattered in the babies crib! I am glad that my kids will not grow up in those conditions and I can control that! Thank you Clorox, 409, Pine Sol and Mr clean! I truely do love you!
6 comments:
HAHAHA!! I own TONS of cleaning products, but feel lost because my house is under "construction". Thanks for sharing about your addiction. Maybe it can inspire us all ;)
Gross!! How sad that people make their children live like that! Your house was clean while we were there and if you thought it was bad, then you would totally go crazy in my house!!
I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting a clean house and a house that smells good. I am the same way. AND I know that the roommates that you are talking about wasn't me!
welcome to my world!
This post really makes me want to track down those pictures of those nasty notes we left to our roommates on the white board! Remember when Laura left chicken cooking in my crockpot for 2 days straight? At least we don't have to deal with roommates anymore- just husbands!
I remember the 'NO FISH' days! hahaha oh you are just too cute!
Post a Comment