Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Camping 2010

First off I have to say this was by far one of the best camping trips I have been on since having Marcus and being married! I wondered how this one would go because none of my family would really be there, only a couple of us- So I some what expected it to be boring, but it was not! The first morning we got up we were unpacking things and looked down the road and I noticed a horse standing there. Then I looked closer and there were more horses behind them. I went and got Marcus and walked closer to them, but kept my distance. Crispin came over and was throwing rocks at them to see if they would run- but they just kept getting closer to us. Crispin even hit one right on the fore head and it must of scared the horse cause his whole body just jolted as soon as the rock hit it! but I didnt know if these were wild horses or not so I just went back to camp with Marcus. well about 20 minutes later the horses were in the meadow by us. My dad went over and started petting them.

He then came back to camp with all 9 horses following him!!!!!! The next thing we knew- our camp site was covered in Horses!
Marcus got to pet the horses and he loved it!!!!!!!!!! He wanted to get his boots on- but we did not have them, lol!

And to answer the question: Scooter is not the size of a horse!

The horses must of thought our tent was a huge carrot cause 4 of them tried to eat the top of it! at one point a horse started to walk onto the tent and wasnt stopping so me and my dad had to take off running and screaming at it so it wouldnt ruin our tent!

This one was my favorite!

We could not get them to leave our camp- so what do you do next? set off fire works in the fire pit! It sent them stampeding out of our camp!!!!! We had to do it a couple times cause they kept coming back to us!
Here is Marcus making pancakes for breakfast!


Going to get fire wood!

I love that dirty face!

Papa doing see-saw with Marcus


Then the next day- we had a heard of cows walk right next to our camp! I was glad they werent as friendly as the horses and stayed out of our camp!


It was sooooo much fun to get away and just relax for a weekend! I am already looking forward to Memorial weekend when we go again!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those are some beautiful horses! what a great weekend trip!

bingham 5 said...

Sounds like it was fun! Trust Alan to get friendly with the horses!

Angela said...

Kenya says she wishes she was with you.