Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Post Op Appt :(

Well I went in for my post op appt today. I just want to start off by saying how much I love my Dr!!! When he walks into a room and starts talking- you are just comforted and you know he knows what he is talking about! So he came in and jumped right into our conversation- he showed me the pictures again from my surgery and explained them to me again. After the surgery he had told me everything and what I remembered was correct- but some how I forgot some things and My condition was way worse than I remember him telling me. So he checks me over and starts asking me the standard questions- when was your last period- I told him it was 1 week late after surgery and he stopped and looked at me and was like are you sure it was 1 week late? YEP! That apparently is not a very good sign. he said if anything I should have started early- not late. that just indicates another problem. "GREAT!" So he starts talking to me and I am just overwhelmed with emotions at this point- I just sat there listening and was thinking, can this appt be over I want out of here! To make this post short and to the point, this is what came out of the appt. 1- I have a defiency that does not allow my body to produce the hormone (progesterone) that supports a pregnancy and causes the lining on your uterus to "thicken" up so it can provide nutrients to the baby. 2- I have a luteal defect. This means my uterus is completely out of whack and does not function on a typical 28 day cycle. it is also another problem that stops pregnancy from happening and can cause miscarraiges. and of course 3- the endometriosis.

He is not even going to let me try to get pregnant on my own. As soon as I start my period again, I will go back on the fertility drugs. when he told me this- I looked at him and said "you better get me some twins cause I dont want to go through this another time!" he just laughed at me! But I am serious, I want this done and over with! He did a biopsy from my surgery and that did not come back too well. When i had my surgery I was on day 25 of my cycle and the biopsy showed me at day 15... so My female parts are completely screwed up! for some odd reason I thought I would have this surgery and get knocked up easily after. This does not seem to be the fact after todays appt.

I do feel so blessed to be seeing this dr! He knows what he is doing and he lays it out flat- not sugar coated! He is willing to work with me and I feel comforted in his office. Like what I am going through is normal and we will work through it! I still get SOOO angry at how my last OB treated me. I left her office feeling like I was all alone in this and I had to figure it out on my own! I am just so grateful that I made the decision to see this Dr and he helps me step by step through this process!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Im so glad he's working out for you... i know how depressing it is to be told your body isn't functioning the way it should be. As far as the progesterone goes i was in the same boat. My LH and FSH were completely opposite of what they should be, and i wasn't making enough progesterone for my body to get pregnant let alone stay pregnant. So he just made sure i was on progesterone during fertility, and my entire first trimester. I had to do blood work every week to check those levels. We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Did he tell you to put your name in at the Temple? That was the first thing he told me when we started to do fertility... might be a good idea. Keep your chin up...

Heather said...

Oh babe I am so sorry to hear this!!!! I was so hoping that this would be the last of it and you would be able to have your baby. I will keep you in my prayers... And my sister-in-law goes to your doctor and she really likes him as well! Know that I love you and I am thinking of you!!!!!

Unknown said...

To my little sister. Words along cannot describe the ache I feel for you. Megan, know how much I love and support you!! You are brave beyond your years, and I am amazed at the person you are. I love you, and am grateful that you have such a great Dr!! It helps. You guys should NEVER feel alone. You should post those things on the opinion sites about Dr's, so that another woman will not feel this way. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry Megan! :( ((HUGS)) I hope you get some twins!