Thursday, February 10, 2011

21 weeks

I went to the Dr yesterday, everything is looking good! I had a concern cause I woke up the other night with a really bad pain in my stomach and then all yesterday I kept feeling it again. He said it was the ligaments and that they are always worse with your second child. He went to find the heart beat.... And it ALWAYS takes him forever!!!! He usually ends up asking where I feel the baby the most... SO like always, he put the gel on my stomach (and I was thinking, I never feel the baby that high!) he put it right under my belly button... so after a while he asked where I feel him and I kept saying lower and he would move the thing down lower... he finally found it and that was the loudest I have ever heard the heart beat! He then said he has never seen a baby sit this low at 21 weeks!! No wonder I have to pee every 15 minutes!!! He did comment that this has to suck for my bladder!! and it does!!!! He said my uterus is not growing up towards my ribs like usual- It is going side to side. I joked that I was going to look really fat from behind and he QUICKLY corrected me and said " I did not say fat, you will probably get REALLY wide hips though!" I doubt I will be leaving my house the last couple weeks.... I already feel fat!!!! We talked more about doing the vbac, I got my records from my old Dr to see all the complications that i had when having Marcus- But with NO shock to me, Nothing was documented about my csection or labor... So we have NO idea if this will work. He will order some ultrasounds at 38 weeks and make sure the baby will fit before he lets me try. He is also going to start me on a tea at 33 weeks that should help me go into labor on my own, but it takes a couple weeks to work. He says that even though I cant have pitocin, he has remedies that work. With my track record with him, I trust him and am going to go ahead and try to do it vaginally... Not too much other stuff is going on :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

My baby is really low too. I've felt her kick around my belly button maybe once or twice. She's always kicking me around my pelvic bone. When do you have to do your glucose test? I'm hoping my dr forgets about it! :) They told me it would either be this appointment (on the 25th) or my next one. They didn't send me home with anything so I'm thinking it won't be this time around. Thank heavens. Everything still makes me puke so I'm dreading it.

Heather said...

Yay for trying a vaginal birth! I hope it works out this time!!

Julie said...

Megan -- I am giving some serious thought to seeing your OB after reading this post. (you know someday when I am preggers...) I had a csection with Isaac and I want to do a VBAC. I have talked to two OBs who are willing and supportive of a VBAC but... they don't have these tricks! Isaac ended in a csection b/c he was too big (head, shoulders & over 9 lbs!) to be born vaginally. If I could deliver around 37-38 weeks I probably could have done it. THANK YOU so much for your support! I will probably start emailing you to ask lots of silly questions about all the infertility stuff! :)