Friday, April 8, 2011

Dentist

Marcus had his first dentist appt. I was nervous with how he would do. I debated taking him to a pediatric dentist, but then I just decided I would try my dentist first and then he would be able to have the same dentist till he moves out. I also have a fear of going to Dr's that I dont know. So I was defiantly at more comfort taking him to my dentist office.
They gave him sunglasses to wear during the exam so he would not have the bright light in his eyes.

He has two teeth that are fused together. Its his front left and side tooth and its VERY noticable when he smiles. I never have thought anything about it because my nephew Blake had the same tooth and his permanent teeth have been fine. But when we brush his teeth we always notice its a little brown in the crack. Both the dentist and hygenist broke their floss in between those teeth and could not get in between. He has atleast 1, possibly 2 cavities on the tooth. He is going in on Tuesday to get it filled. The dentist said they will give him laughing gas and then a topical numbing thing before they numb it. He said Marcus is mild mannered enough that this should be a really easy thing to do. But I am still nervous. He did SOOOOOO good at the dentist though. he did not squirm or fight anyone ONCE. Just laid there with his mouth wide open. So hopefully everything will go good on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have to take Tank into the dentist too... he, however, is not a mild mannered child. Sigh... this is not going to be pretty!