Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ugh!!!!!!

This formula pictured above is what Bryce has to start eating..... and just in case you are not familiar with it, it cost $30.00 a freaking can!!!!!! It all started on Friday when I noticed some bloody mucus in Bryce's stool. He had it for the weekend and then it went away. Well last night it came back. So I called his Dr and he had us come in. He has an allergy to milk products so he wants us to put him on this formula. Poor Bryce has just had a rough life so far... I am hoping he starts to conquer all this stuff and can just be a healthy baby!!! I am also BEYOND grateful that my dad works for Similac and that I can order it directly from them and save me a little money.... I still can not comprehend how a place can charge that much for baby formula.... sounds RIDICULOUS to me!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!! here is to hoping life will slow down in the Pixley Home......

4 comments:

Sara said...

Geez, I'm sorry. I don't understand why formula is so expensive either. We have to fortify my milk by putting a teaspoon for every 3 ounces which is basically what she eats each time. The hospital sent us home with two little cans though and we're only about half way through the first one so it'll be a while before we have to buy any. I hope things start looking up for you guys. It's been a rough road so far. As if the frustrations of pregnancy wasn't enough...!

Lacey said...

Does it have to be similac? We use walmart brand and it saves a ton of money! Poor Bryce, and poor you... its not easy having a sick newborn!

Heather said...

I hope things slow down for you guys also. Makenzi had blood in her poo a couple times but it got better so we never switched. But the dr told us if it got worse we would have to get her that formula also.

Alison Hixson said...

I feel for you! Drew was that way as well and Vaughn was still in school and we couldn't afford formula, so I had to cut all of dairy out of my diet so I could keep nursing him and that was sooo hard! Everything has some sort of dairy in it. You are lucky you have the connection with your dad!! Good luck!